Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 75

Thread: Hondata Group Buy under way!

  1. #1
    Site Administrator Team Hostboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    997,461
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Talking

    First I want to thank Doug of HonData for making this group buy possible smile

    This is the first group buy that has been placed together with the approval of Hondata. Units are not being sold direct from Hondata but through their network of dealerships, which is also where technical
    support will be given from. Because of this I need a complete list of commited people. This will enable HonData to see what dealerships will need to be involved and once finalized contact them authorizing
    the purchase at this one time offer. Those that are interested need to e-mail me direct
    ([email protected])
    your name & e-mail address along with which packages you are purchasing.

    >>The group buy is open until 8/20<<

    People are free to supply their own ECU for upgrade. Installation into your choice is included in the price. Hondata is working on an ECU/Cable combination for OBD
    II vehicles. The details of this will be offered to the interested people at the close of the week.

    Installation into an OBD I ecu of your choice is included.


    <Stage 2 Packages>
    Stage 2d (datalogging but no boost) - $595
    Stage 2b (boost only) - $645

    Both include:
    Free Heatshield intake gasket (worth $60)
    Free ground shipping in the continental US.

    <Stage 3 Packages>
    Stage 3d (datalogging but no boost) - $745
    Stage 3b (boost only)- $790

    Both include:
    Free intake gasket (worth $60)
    Free Rewriteable chip (for easy retuning at a later date - worth $20),
    $100 tuning at HonData dealer (must be for tuning),
    Free ground shipping in the continental US.

    <Stage 4 Packages>
    Stage 4d (datalogging but no boost) - $895
    Stage 4b (boost only) - $1190

    Both include:
    Free intake gasket (worth $60)
    $100 tuning at HonData dealer (must be for tuning)
    HondaLogger (real time datalogging software) ROMEditor
    & Free ground shipping in the continental US.

    Accessories:
    Datalogging option for stages 2b and 3b $180 (10% discount)
    RC Engineering 440cc injectors Set of 4 $299 (12% discount - Minimum of 10 orders required)
    OBD II injector clips $30
    ------------------
    ...Steven
    HostBoard Administrator
    Help support HostBoard by clicking on a banner today!

    [This message has been edited by 1QuickSI (edited August 14, 2001).]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member GSRT's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 11th, 2001
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So are these the Groupbuy prices?

    I ask because it appears as though the 4b package is $1190 with free gasket, $100 worth of tuning and the ROMeditor and Datalogging, but on the Hondata website $1190 is listed as the normal price? So, I would be getting the free gasket and $100 worth of tuning for free? I just need clarification.

    Thanks

  3. #3
    Inactive Member strng1dah's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21st, 1999
    Posts
    275
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    sp if somebody(not myself) wanted the stage 4b w/ 440s it would be 1500+ the cost of the emulator if they wanted it plus the price of the wideband O2 if they wanted it? damn

    It seems to me that the Hondata is a great deal for the stage2b if you are going to have sombody else do the tuning, but if you want to do it yourself its about the same price as other standalone units.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 00ITR006's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2000
    Posts
    355
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yes, definetly not a good groupbuy.

    695 stage2+B
    free gasket
    free shipping


    hondata website
    regular price 690$ stage 2+B

    Not as good as i had imagined... ohh well i guess free gasket and free shipping is better than nothing.

    I was hoping something near 600 for stage 2+B, shipped. ohh well, i'll think about this

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Sonnyballs's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2001
    Posts
    460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post


    I think the prices are pretty good. Kinda makes me wish I waited...oh well. smile

    For reference, I bought a Stage 2B and I had waited:

    I woulda saved $40 on the injectors, $50 on the ECU modification, $60 on the free gasket, $20 on the datalogging option, and $10 on the shipping.

    Total = $180 savings

    Not bad at all...

    Sonny

    ------------------
    Sonny Van Hook ([email protected])
    2000 JRSC'd Civic Si @ 6psi (Powered by Hondata)
    1999 Tonykart/Honda 80cc Shifter

  6. #6
    Site Administrator Team Hostboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    997,461
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Post

    Somedays you just can not win. I was so careful confirming prices and then I go and post prices from a previous e-mail between me and Doug. Anyways corrected prices are up. My appologies for the screw up...



    ------------------
    ...Steven
    HostBoard Administrator
    Help support HostBoard by clicking on a banner today!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member randomwalk101's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wow even better biggrin
    Can someone please tell me if I need to order the clip for for the RC 440cc to use with OBD I ?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member zip's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 1999
    Posts
    1,160
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by randomwalk101:
    Wow even better biggrin
    Can someone please tell me if I need to order the clip for for the RC 440cc to use with OBD I ?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    The ECU maybe OBDI but your injector plugs are still OBDII. wink

    ------------------
    Mods

  9. #9
    Site Administrator Team Hostboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    997,461
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zip:
    The ECU maybe OBDI but your injector plugs are still OBDII. wink

    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Unless you already have RC injectors installed then they are PnP smile



    ------------------
    ...Steven
    HostBoard Administrator
    Help support HostBoard by clicking on a banner today!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member ITR1416's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2001
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I defenitly want in, I'll send you an email on it. But I'm starting to get confused and let me through this out here and hope someone can answer it for me. I have a 2000 ITR with the JR 5.5psi kit. I want to stage 3b system. What exactly is included for the groupbuy price? I know that it's $790 with boost. Does that include an OBD1 computer or do we have to find our own to have reprogrammed? You also have to buy the injectors? And the adapter harness? Am I missing anything else? I want to buy it all at once and not be piecing it together later.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •